Outstanding men and women rewarded
• Ken Hewitt for his outstanding contribution to the development of the international business services sector.
• Lawyer Jimmy Serroa for outstanding contribution to modernizing of the Barbados electoral system and its administrative processes.
• Centenarian, Avisene Carrington, SCM, for her pioneering role in early childhood education and her outstanding contribution to primary education in Barbados.
Companion Of Honour
- Former Barbados Labour Party cabinet member, DeLisle Bradshaw.
- Philanthropist, Chesterfield Brewster, co-founder of the Maria Holder Trust.
- Retired career diplomat, Dr. Peter Laurie.
• Also honoured were Susan Magnier, chairman of the Barbados Children’s Trust, and Derrick Smith, co-founder, grand patron and trustee of the Sandy Lane Charity Trust in 2004. They have both been recognized for their outstanding philanthropic contributions to Barbados – Magnier’s in child welfare and Smith for special needs education.
Gold Crown Of Merit
- Retired civil aviation executive, Mitchinson Beckles.
- New York-based journalist, Richard “Tony” Best.
- Medical practitioner, Haresh Thani.
- Accountant, Charles Tibbits.
Silver Crown Of Merit
- Former president of the Senate, Kerryann Ifill, an advocate for the rights of people with disabilities.